Please note: All current vascular surgery trainees (including first year vascular fellows and PGY1 integrated vascular residents) in ACGME and Canadian accreditated training programs will automatically be enrolled as Candidate members. SVS is currently collecting information from these training programs and membership notifications will be sent to trainees by September.
The Society for Vascular Surgery® (SVS) Vascular Surgery Trainee Candidate Membership provides a platform for vascular surgery trainees to gain access to valuable vascular surgery career resources and helps foster a community of vascular surgery trainees.
As a SVS Vascular Surgery Trainee Candidate Member, you will be able to gain valuable contacts in the specialty, engage in several leadership opportunities, as well as help improve SVS' activities for vascular surgery trainees. The full spectrum of benefits includes:
- Access to an online community of vascular surgery trainees through SVS Groups on VascularWeb
- Opportunity to network with vascular health leaders via events and mentorship opportunities
- Gain leadership opportunities and make a difference as a member of a SVS Committee
- Opportunity to participate in a dedicated task force as part of the SVS Resident and Student Outreach Committee, which provides for several vascular surgery trainees to be directly involved in current and future educational programming and activities (i.e., Vascular Annual Meeting programming for vascular surgery trainees, online resources, etc.).
- Promote engagement in the Society via increased level of participation in SVS activities
- Receive a complimentary subscription to the Journal of Vascular Surgery® while enrolled in a vascular surgery training program (excludes incoming fellows and residents)
- Receive various SVS e-communications, the SVS Pulse, The Vascular Surgery Trainee e-newsletter, VAMail, and access to the online editions of Vascular Specialist.
- Annual dues are waived while in a training program
- Receive discounts on books, products, and courses (i.e. VESAP2) sold on VascularWeb
Eligibility and Acceptance
Trainees who are currently accepted to or enrolled in accredited vascular surgery residency training programs in the United States or Canada automatically become SVS Vascular Surgery Trainee Candidate Members. Annual dues are waived and it is not necessary to complete an application.
The Association of Program Directors in Vascular Surgery (APDVS) and Canadian accredited vascular surgery residency training programs are asked to provide their vascular trainees’ information annually in July. Trainees are then automatically enrolled into Candidate membership within SVS. Once enrolled, new member materials, including access to the members only site, will be sent to each Vascular Surgery Trainee Candidate member’s institutional email address.
The term of Vascular Surgery Trainee Candidate Members shall be limited to a maximum of three years after completion of their vascular residency program or subsequent continuous academic or clinical training, after which they are encouraged to apply for Active Membership.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
Updated June 2013