A press kit will help educate the media about vascular practices.
Send press kits to local reporters who cover health and medical topics at major and neighborhood newspapers, and to the reporters and producers of medical-related television programming. Request a media database from SVS using the Health and Medical Media List Request Form included in this kit.
Include a cover letter introducing the vascular practice and why vascular health is important to readers, viewers, or listeners. (Samples of materials follow.) Offer to meet with media representatives to discuss vascular health and the latest technologies. The information may be emailed or mailed in a pocket folder, and may include the following:
- Fact sheet about the practice
- One-page biography including credentials and achievements
- Press releases
- Vascular health and disease information including brochures, Vascular Disease Fact Sheet, Description of Vascular Disease, etc.
- Past articles from newspapers and magazines that refer to the practice or organization
- A professional photograph (headshot) for publication
Sample Letter of Introduction to the Media (Word document)
Sample Practice Fact Sheet (Word document)
Sample Story -Blood's Amazing Trip Through the Vascular System (Word document)
Sample Story - What is Vascular Disease? (Word document)
Posted January 2011