Grants: NYSVS Academic Awards
Announcement: Two (2) $7,500 GRANTS FOR RESEARCH
will be awarded during the Spring Meeting 2014
Eligible - One fellow/resident/medical student working in vascular research
Fellow, Resident and Student implies being a Vascular Surgery fellow or resident, a General Surgery resident, or a medical student committed to a vascular surgery project, each with a NYSVS Member mentor
- Introductory Letter (1 page)
- Letter of support and oversight from VS Division Chief (1 page)
- Title and Abstract (<200 words)
- Grant Proposal (9 pages)
- Specific Aim (1 page)
- Background (2 pages)
- Preliminary Data (1 page)
- Project (5 pages)
- Literature citation list (exempt from page limit)
- Budget with justification** (1 page)
- An interim report is expected at the Fall Meeting of NYSVS 2014
- A summary and paper are expected to be presented at the 2015 Spring meeting of NYSVS
- Applications must be complete and received by May 2, 2014.
** The funds from these awards are intended to directly fund the research contained within this proposal. No indirect institutional funding is available through this grant mechanism.
**** Applicants are not eligible for award if they are funded by similar seed grants from other societies (i.e. SVS, ACS, AAS, etc.) for the same project. The absence of dual/redundant funding should be addressed in the Introductory Letter.