2014 GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS AND PRESENTERS
Abstracts accepted for presentation at the Midwestern Vascular 2014 have been submitted for publication in the October 2014 issue of the Journal of Vascular Surgery. These published abstracts are citable, and it is imperative that they are accurate and conclusions are final.
The authors of abstracts that are presented as oral presentations are required to submit a manuscript to the Journal of Vascular Surgery. The exception is for the authors of Rapid Fire abstracts, who will be encouraged but not required to submit a manuscript to the Journal of Vascular Surgery.
• Please adhere to the guidelines for publication for the Journal of Vascular Surgery.
• Please be sure to indicate on your title page that your manuscript is being presented at the 2014 Midwestern Vascular Annual Meeting, and be sure to choose “MVSS” as the society on the Journal of Vascular Surgery editorial submission site.
• Authors should be prepared to submit their manuscript immediately following the meeting. Once submitted, please contact Dr. Jean Starr, MVSS Recorder at firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you have any further questions regarding manuscript submission related to the Annual Meeting, please feel free to contact Dr. Starr directly.
Please make special note of this year's presentation limits. Presentation is limited to seven (7) minutes, followed by 3 minutes of discussion from the floor.
Rapid Fire Sessions
Please be reminded that your presentation cannot exceed five (5) minutes in length, and a maximum of eight (8) slides.
Posters are to be set-up Thursday, September 4th by 4:30 p.m. Posters should be prepared to fit an 8' wide by 4' tall traditional poster board. Push pins, Velcro and other items will be available to assist you with your Poster presentation. Your poster number will coincide with the number of the attached program.
• The Poster Session will be held on Thursday, September 4th from 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
• Poster Presenters must be present at their poster between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Thursday during the Poster Session. This will provide an opportunity for meeting registrants to discuss your research with you. In addition, the oral poster competition will be held during that time.
• Poster Presenters will have approximately five (5) minutes to present their work to the judges and answer questions regarding its content. Scores will be evaluated and the best poster will be presented with a monetary award.