2013 GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS AND PRESENTERS
Abstracts accepted for presentation at the Midwestern Vascular 2013 will be submitted for publication in the November 2013 issue of the Journal of Vascular Surgery. These published abstracts are citable, and it is imperative that they are accurate and conclusions are final.
The authors of abstracts that are presented as oral presentations are required to submit a manuscript to the Journal of Vascular Surgery. The exception is for the authors of Rapid Fire abstracts, who will be encouraged but not required to submit a manuscript to the Journal of Vascular Surgery.
• Please adhere to the guidelines for publication for the Journal of Vascular Surgery.
• Please be sure to indicate on your title page that your manuscript is being presented at the 2013 Midwestern Vascular Annual Meeting, and be sure to choose “MVSS” as the society on the Journal of Vascular Surgery editorial submission site.
• Upon submission of your manuscript to the Journal of Vascular Surgery
, email Melina Kibbe, MD, Recorder of MVSS, your Journal of Vascular Surgery Manuscript number (email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you have any further questions regarding manuscript submission related to the Annual Meeting, please feel free to contact Dr. Kibbe directly.
• Authors of Oral presentations are reminded that presentations are limited to ten (10) minutes followed by general discussion.
• Authors of Rapid Fire presentations may not exceed five (5) minutes in length, and a maximum of eight (8) slides.
Posters are to be set-up Friday, September 6th by 4:30 p.m. The oral poster session will be held on Friday, September 6th from 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Posters will be judged and the best poster will be presented with an award.The size of the Poster Boards is 4’ high x 8’ wide. Tacks and/or Velcro will be available for you to use.
Presenters should man their poster between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., Friday, September 6, 2013.
This will provide an opportunity for meeting registrants to discuss your research with you. In addition, the oral poster competition will be held during that time. Presenters will have approximately five (5) minutes to present their work to the judges and answer questions regarding its content. Scores will be evaluated and the best poster will be presented with an award.