Order your copy online.
The 7th Edition of Rutherford’s Vascular Surgery—the most acclaimed comprehensive reference in vascular surgery—presents state-of-the-art updates on every aspect of vascular health care. This revision incorporates endovascular and nonoperative treatment throughout the book.
Extensively revised by many new, international authors led by Drs. Jack Cronenwett and K. Wayne Johnston, the publication meets the needs of surgeons, interventionalists, and vascular medicine specialists. Published by Elsevier, in association with the Society for Vascular Surgery®, the publication includes searchable online access to the full text, images, and videos through Expert Consult. Regular updates will be made to the online version based on key publications.
- Features all vascular imaging techniques, offering a non-invasive evaluation of both the morphology and hemodynamics of the vascular system
- Discusses operative, endovascular, and non-operative management of vascular conditions to help choose the right option for each patient
- Covers the continuum of surgical management options through integrated coverage of endovascular techniques so you have the comprehensive coverage you need
- Explores advances in basic science-including vessel walls, coagulation, and more-to provide the necessary background for understanding areas where fundamental changes are taking place
What People are Saying
“With this seventh edition of the book that bears his name, the esteemed Dr. Robert B. Rutherford has relinquished the senior editorial role to Drs. Jack Cronenwett and K. Wayne Johnston. In association with nine
coeditors, they have maintained the book's reputation as the most inclusive review of vascular medicine and surgery, thoroughly addressing medical and surgical management of patients with vascular diseases. This
edition, published in association with the Society for Vascular Surgery, includes Web site access to the full text and additional resources.”
Sachin V. Phade, MD, and Cheong Lee, MD
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
New to this Edition
- Published in association with the SVS, reinforcing the clinical importance and pivotal role of this title
- Provides sections dedicated to Fundamental Considerations, Patient Evaluation, Atherosclerotic Risk Factors, Perioperative Care, Bleeding and Clotting, Complications, Venous Disease, Lymphedema, Arteriovenous Anomalies, Hemodialysis Access, Miscellaneous, Technique, Grafts and Devices, Cerebrovascular Disease, Lower Extremity Arterial Disease, Upper Extremity Arterial Disease, Arterial Aneurysms, Renal and Mesenteric Disease, and Trauma and Acute Limb Ischemia
- Reviews all major areas of vascular health care, written by international experts, with up-to-date bibliographies and annotated recommended references
- Covers endovascular applications throughout the text, along with fresh approaches to many areas-including vascular access, imaging, and non-operative management
- Presents a new full-color layout and design with more full-color images to give the book a modern look and feel and clarify clinical and physical findings and operative techniques
- Includes access to the full text online with regular content updates, videos of procedures, an image library, and more so that you stay current and master new procedures in this fast-changing field
By Jack L. Cronenwett, MD, professor of Surgery, Dartmouth Medical School, Chief, Section of Vascular Surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH and Wayne Johnston, MD, professor and R. Fraser Elliot Chair in Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Vascular Surgeon, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posted June 2010