Join the Society for Vascular Surgery® (SVS) Medical Student Networking Section to receive direct access to valuable career resources as well as the opportunity to network with similarly interested students.
Members of the SVS Medical Student Section shall include students from medical schools worldwide.
SVS Medical Student Section members pay a US$25 one-time fee for the duration of their medical school career.
Members are accepted on a rolling basis. Download and complete the application and email it to email@example.com (for credit card orders only) or mail to (all checks must be mailed):
Society for Vascular Surgery
38678 Eagle Way
Chicago, IL 60678-1386
The application is a fill-in form. Either save the completed form to your computer and print out a hard copy of the form or complete the application form online and submit it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits and Privileges
The Section will serve as a platform for medical students to gain access to valuable vascular surgery career resources and promote a network of similarly interested students.
- Medical Student Section members receive: various SVS e-communications; SVS Pulse; Student e-newsletter: On the Cutting Edge; access to the online edition of Vascular Specialist; and monthly Podcasts on vascular surgery topics
- Medical Student Section members can apply for Vascular Annual Meeting® scholarships if they are nominated by a SVS member
- Medical Student Section members can build a community of similarly interested medical students through a dedicated area on VascularWeb.org®
- Medical Student Section members receive discounts on books and products sold on VascularWeb.org
- Medical Student Section members can participate in an online mentor matching program
The Section’s activities are overseen by an eight-member Governing Council elected by the Section’s members at each Vascular Annual Meeting (except for one Active Member who is appointed by the SVS President). The Governing Council is responsible for carrying out policies and action items adopted by the Section as well as directing its agenda and strategies. The Governing Council Section meeting will be presided over by a chair elected by and from among Governing Council members.
For more information, contact 800-258-7188 or email email@example.com.
Posted June 2010