How to Apply
Complete the online application for International Membership and submit along with all supplemental documents as outlined below by March 1 annually. For questions concerning the online application, please telephone 800-258-7188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Decisions are made at the SVS Annual Business Meeting, held at the 2013 Vascular Annual Meeting®, May 30 - June 1. Applicants are notified of their application status by July 1 annually.
International Membership may be granted to surgeons residing outside of the North America who have demonstrated knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and management of vascular disorders.
Letters of Support
If you are applying as part of a SVS Chapter, your letters will be obtained for you.
If you are applying independently, you may meet this requirement in one of the following ways:
1. Submit two sponsorship letters from Active or International SVS members, OR
2. In situations where two Active and/or other International SVS members are not available to provide supporting letters, one letter may be from the leadership of the applicant's home vascular society and one letter from an SVS member. The applicant's home society letter must attest to membership in good standing in the society, and summarize the applicant's qualifications for SVS membership.
Step 1: Complete the online application
Step 2: If applying independently, obtain two (2) letters of support as outlined in the eligibility section above and email them to email@example.com
by the application deadline.
International Membership Benefits
- Exclusive use of SVS member logo in correspondence and practice information
- Steeply discounted dues for members in some countries
- Discounted Vascular Annual Meeting® registration fees for many countries
- Free print subscriptions to Journal of Vascular Surgery® and Journal of Vascular Surgery: Venous and Lymphatic Disorders
- Eligibility to compete for SVS awards and scholarships including international traveling fellowship
- Opportunity to participate in an international paper forum at the Vascular Annual Meeting
- International guest reception at the Vascular Annual Meeting
International Members enjoy the full benefits and privileges of membership, except that they cannot vote on Society business, hold elected office or serve as members of the Councils or Board of Directors.
Election to Membership
If the Board of Directors and the Membership Committee approve the application, the name of the applicant for International Membership will be presented to the Society at a regularly convened Annual Business Meeting of the membership for final action. A majority vote of those members present and voting is required for election to International Membership.
Any applicant who is not approved by the Membership Committee and/or Board of Directors or is not elected by the membership may reapply. A new application must be submitted, including a new completed application form and two new letters of sponsorship, as described above.
For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated January 2013