SVS will be the recognized leader for the comprehensive care of vascular patients.
To promote vascular health and advance comprehensive treatment for patients with vascular disease.
Integrity, professionalism, and commitment
- SVS will be the preeminent source for continuing education on vascular disease.
- SVS will define the identity of vascular surgery to health care providers and the public.
- SVS will be recognized as a premier resource for practice guidelines on vascular disease.
- SVS will be an influential voice to (US) Congress and (US) regulatory agencies.
- SVS will foster research to optimize patient care.
- SVS will facilitate increasing the supply of vascular surgeons.
SVS will develop Maintenance of Certificate (MOC) strategies for its members.
SVS will identify and transform existing educational content into new media for dissemination.
SVS will produce a self-assessment product.
SVS will offer continuing education through its annual meeting.
SVS will strategically evaluate opportunities for freestanding Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses.
SVS will explore educational opportunities for vascular residents.
- SVS will create programs and materials to increase awareness among health care providers and the public that vascular surgeons perform minimally invasive vascular procedures and provide comprehensive care in addition to open surgery.
- SVS will develop products to facilitate making branding efforts part of everyday practice of every surgeon.
Practice Guidelines Objectives
- SVS will continue development of practice guidelines and reporting standards.
- SVS will increase its output as an initiator of practice guidelines.
- SVS will explore ways to develop comparative effectiveness studies.
- SVS will participate in initiatives to create performance standards for vascular surgery.
- SVS will centralize its activities related to these issues.
- SVS will focus its (US) Congressional influence on three subcommittees and activate key contacts among SVS members.
- SVS will seek to leverage its influence on key government agencies.
- SVS Health Policy Committee will work to maintain continuity and knowledgeable members.
- SVS will foster a robust basic and clinical research environment to help define optimal patient care through translational research, clinical trials, and outcomes research that aids in the development of evidence-based practice guidelines.
- SVS will disseminate research findings to the wider medical community.
- SVS will continue the Vascular Registry, publish data collected by the Registry, and explore options for expansion.
- SVS will reach out to medical students and general surgery residents to recruit the best candidates into vascular surgery.
- SVS will facilitate development of new training programs and expand the number of trainees in current programs.
- SVS will explore the feasibility of conducting a workforce study.
Approved by Society for Vascular Surgery®, (SVS) Executive Committee June 4, 2008