Scope of Work
- Oversee SVS basic and clinical research activities.
- Liaison with SVS Foundation research award activities.
- Liaison with NHLBI, FDA, CMS, AHRQ, PCORI and other government agencies involved in vascular research.
- Liaison with industry regarding research initiatives of SVS.
- Coordinate and oversee activities of reporting committees and ad-hoc work groups.
- Annually review research sections of VascularWeb and advise staff on content
- Promote clinical research priorities in vascular disease.
- Manage Clinical Research Endorsement Program.
- Manage and evaluate SVS Foundation Planning Grant mechanism.
- Support SVS members’ response to vascular disease-related research grant opportunities.
- Monitor interaction with FDA, AHRQ, NHLBI, CMS, PCORI, other government agencies and industry on research issues.
- Monitor and promote research education opportunities for SVS members and trainees (Vascular Research Initiatives Conference, AHA Council on Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, Vascular Annual Meeting, Vascular Annual Meeting research sessions)
- Clinical Research and Comparative Effectiveness Research Committee
- Outcomes and Technology Assessment Committee
- Research and Education Committee
Updated August 2013