- Elliot Chaikof, MD, Chair
- Frank Pomposelli, MD
- Robert Thompson, MD
- Michael Watkins, MD
- Patricia Burton, Staff Liaison
Scope of Work
- Advise the Board of Directors on issues and strategic directions related to academic affairs and research.
- Bestow Distinguished Fellow status on members of the SVS.
- Responsible for coordinating the activities of the Fellows.
- Represents the views of the Fellows Council on the Board and the Executive Committee.
- Implements projects when there is no other mechanism
- Review applications for Distinguished Fellow designation and recommend candidates for election at the annual Fellows meeting
- Nominate members of the Research Council including the chair, select honorary members, society scholars, Lifetime Achievement Award, Medal for Innovation and special lecturers
Updated August 2013