- Cynthia Shortell, MD, Chair
- Jean Bismuth, MD
- Ruth Bush, MD
- Dan Clair, MD
- Michael Dalsing, MD
- Mark Davies, MD
- Ronald Fairman, MD
- Linda Harris, MD
- Sean Lyden, MD
- Jon Matsumura, MD
- Erica Mitchell, MD
- Bruce Perler, MD
- John Rectenwald, MD
- Murray Shames, MD
- Malachi Sheahan, MD
- Julie Chan, Staff Liaison
Scope of Work
- Oversee SVS programs for continuing education for practicing vascular surgeons
- Serve as CME committee for SVS, ensuring that SVS incorporates into CME activities the educational needs that underlie professional practice gaps of learners; oversees COI for the course director/editor of CME activities as needed.
- Identify new educational initiatives based on evaluation of needs
- Annually review education sections of VascularWeb and advise staff on content
- Annually conduct a review of the SVS CME Program in which the year’s CME activities are evaluated and action plans are formulated
- Facilitate activities of the reporting committees to enhance coordination
- Oversee the SVS CME program for 2013-2014.
- Work with staff to identify needs (content) for online learning.
- Review CME planning documents to ensure practice gaps are clearly identified and in concert with the CME program plan
- Serve as the final reviewer as needed of COI disclosures for CME activities, to ensure that all conflicts are identified and resolved prior the activity.
- Review and revise CME Mission Statement as needed (ongoing).
- Strengthen role as VAM oversight body.
- Provide recommendation on technical skills training based on member needs data.
- Evaluate Education Council infrastructure to ensure that education initiatives are accomplished (ongoing).
- Oversee the planning of the CME tracking system.
- Leadership Development Committee
- Postgraduate Education Committee
- Program Committee
- Resident & Student Outreach Committee
Updated August 2013