Clinical Practice Council
- Ruth Bush, MD, Chair
- Rabih Chaer, MD
- Vivian Gahtan, MD
- Anil Hingorani, MD
- Steven Leers, MD
- Richard Lynn, MD
- John Rectenwald, MD
- Eva Rzucidlo, MD
- Bhagwan Satiani, MD
- Jill Goodwin, CAE, Staff Liaison
Scope of Work
- Coordinates the activities conducted by special interest committees to ensure the projects comply with SVS positions and policies, do not conflict with other SVS programs, and enhance the membership experience for all SVS members. These special interest committees include:
- Community Practice Advisory Committee
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Resident and Student Outreach Committee
- Women's Leadership Committee
- Young Surgeons Advisory Committee
- Oversees the work of the Public and Professional Outreach Committee to support SVS outreach projects and those conducted by the special interest committees.
- Facilitates activities for the reporting committees to enhance coordination
- Monitors practice environment, identifies issues that need SVS attention, and recommends strategic initiatives
Develop programs and products to help members successfully manage changing practice patterns, reduced reimbursement, competitive pressures and the business aspects of practice
Develop strategies and programs to position vascular surgeons as the preeminent experts and providers of comprehensive care of vascular conditions.
Develop strategies for strengthening the influence and credibility of the specialty with public and private decision-makers.
Develop strategies and programs to prepare the next generation of vascular surgeons.
Community Practice Advisory Committee
Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Public and Professional Outreach Committee
Resident and Student Outreach Committee
Women’s Leadership Committee
Young Surgeons Advisory Committee
Updated June 2012