The history of vascular surgery is rich with world recognized vascular surgeons and progressive associations that have led to exceptional advances to treat vascular disease patients. View a brief history.
The following books and articles provide useful information on the history of the development of vascular surgery.
- Rob CG A History of arterial surgery. Arch Surg 1972;105:821-823
- Rob CG. The classics of vascular surgery
- Dale WA. The beginnings of vascular surgery. Surgery 1974;76:849-866
- Dale WA (author), Johnson G (editor), DeWeese JA (editor). Band of brothers: Creators of modern vascular surgery. George Johnson and James DeWeese, 1996
- Friedman SG. A History of vascular surgery, 2nd ed. Malden MA: Blackwell-Futura, 2005
- Barker WF. Clio chirurgica: The arteries. Austin TX: R.G. Landes Co., 1992
- Szilagyi, DE. A brief account of the long life of D.Emerick Szilagyi, MD. Evanston IL: Greenwood Academic, 2008
- Cohn I. Rudolph Matas: A biography of one of the great pioneers in surgery. New York: Doubleday & Co. Inc., 1960
Posted September 2011