Save the date for the 2015 AVSC Meeting, to be held on April 17-18!
Information and Notices
Steering Committee Application
2014 AVSC Program Presentations
2013 AVSC Program Presentations
2012 AVSC Program Presentations
2011 AVSC Program Presentations
The Association of Vascular Surgery Coordinators (AVSC) held its first meeting in conjunction with the APDVS meeting in Chicago, Illinois April 16-17, 2010. Thirty-five vascular surgery coordinators attended the meeting. Sessions topics included:
- Integrated Residency Programs
- Rolling Calendar
- ACGME & RRC Update
- The Surgical Principle Exam
- PIF Preparation and Site Visit Tips
- Annual Program Review
- Online Evaluation Systems
- Dealing with Problem Residents
Several of the Program Directors led sessions and the coordinators joined the PD’s for various presentations. The AVSC will continue to meet in conjunction with the APDVS meeting.
The current officers of the AVSC include:
- President – Julie Griffin, Mayo Clinic, MN
- President-Elect – Billie Ruden, University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, IA
- Secretary – Joan Brown, Michigan Vascular Center, MI
- Immediate Past President - Peggy Mauer, MEd, Jobst Vascular Institute - ProMedica Toledo Hospital, OH
- Councilors – Lauren Basti, Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute, PA; Karie Hilley, Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners/Michigan State University, MI; Krystina Rosania, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, NJ; and
Cindy Schultz-Rudolph, UT College of Medicine, TN
The AVSC invites all vascular surgery coordinators, administrators, and educators to join the organization. Currently there is no charge to join the organization as the program directors membership fees cover the coordinators membership. Please forward your membership application or any changes to your address or phone number to Julie Griffin (email@example.com).
The AVSC looks forward to growing each year and providing valuable information for all coordinators involved in training vascular residents and fellows.
Updated October 2014