The 2014 AVSC Spring Meeting was held in conjunction with the APDVS Spring Meeting on Friday, March 28-29, 2014 at the Intercontinental Chicago O'Hare.
Steering Committee Application
2013 Program Agenda
2012 AVSC Program Presentations
2011 AVSC Program Presentations
The Association of Vascular Surgery Coordinators (AVSC) held its first meeting in conjunction with the APDVS meeting in Chicago, Illinois April 16-17, 2010. Thirty-five vascular surgery coordinators attended the meeting. Sessions topics included:
- Integrated Residency Programs
- Rolling Calendar
- ACGME & RRC Update
- The Surgical Principle Exam
- PIF Preparation and Site Visit Tips
- Annual Program Review
- Online Evaluation Systems
- Dealing with Problem Residents
Several of the Program Directors led sessions and the coordinators joined the PD’s for various presentations. The AVSC will continue to meet in conjunction with the APDVS meeting.
The current officers of the AVSC include:
- President – Julie Griffin, Mayo Clinic, MN
- President-Elect – open position
- Secretary – Joan Brown, Michigan Vascular Center, MI
- Immediate Past President - Peggy Mauer, MEd, Jobst Vascular Institute - ProMedica Toledo Hospital, OH
- Councilors – Sonia Fuentes, The Methodist Hospital, TX; Cindy Schultz-Rudolph, UT College of Medicine, TN; Pam Steibing, Penn State Hershey, PA; Billie Ruden, University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, IA; Aundra "Keo" Brown, Vanderbilt Univeristy Medical Center, TN; Susan A. Edwards, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY.
The AVSC invites all vascular surgery coordinators, administrators, and educators to join the organization. Currently there is no charge to join the organization as the program directors membership fees cover the coordinators membership. Please forward your membership application or any changes to your address or phone number to Sonia Fuentes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The AVSC looks forward to growing each year and providing valuable information for all coordinators involved in training vascular residents and fellows.
Updated January 2014