Amendments to the APDVS Bylaws for Member Review and Comment
Highlights of the proposed APDVS Bylaws amendments that will be presented for vote at the March 26 Spring Business Meeting are as follows:
- Article IV. Officers; Section 2. Immediate Past President two-year term on Executive Council and Executive Committee added to the Bylaws.
- Article IV. Officers; Section 4. Nominations process added to Bylaws.
- Article V. Committees and Council; Section 2. Vascular surgery fellow ex-officio representative, vascular surgery Integrated resident ex-officio representative, and Association of Vascular Surgery Coordinators ex-officio representative added to Executive Council.
- Article V. Committees and Council; Section 4. Vascular surgery trainee representatives and the APDVS Vascular Surgery Board representative added to Curriculum Committee. Committee terms reduced to 4 years.
- Article V. Committees and Council; Section 5. Scope of the Education Committee increased to incorporate the APDVS Simulation Ad Hoc Committee’s focus on simulation skills training. Additional committee members and vascular surgery trainee representatives included on roster due to increased scope. Committee terms increased to 4 years. The Chairman will be appointed by the President from among the two most senior members.
- Article VIII. Amendments. Majority reduced to 2/3.
APDVS Bylaws Suggested Revisions Feb 2011 Final Revised.pdf