Section 1. Eligibility
The title of "Distinguished Fellow of The Society for Vascular Surgery" may be granted to members who have distinguished themselves by sustained contributions to vascular surgery through research, teaching and clinical and/or creative accomplishments. Active, Senior or International Members of the Society may apply for this designation. Honorary Members automatically receive the designation of Distinguished Fellow.
Section 2. Application and Election
The Fellows Committee of the Society is responsible for evaluating applicants for this designation. Applicants approved by the Fellows Committee shall be presented for election by the Society Fellows through an electronic vote after Committee review.
Section 3. Certificate
Fellows shall receive a certificate recognizing them as a "Distinguished Fellow of The Society for Vascular Surgery."
- Complete the application form (PDF or Word doc)
- Submit detailed curriculum vitae
- Obtain three letters of support from Distinguished Fellows of SVS - one from a sponsor and two from endorsers. Letters from all three Distinguished Fellows shall vouch for the applicant’s character, professional integrity, and standing in the community of vascular surgeons.
The letters of support shall outline the eligibility of the applicant in one or more of the following areas:
A. General Criteria
- Contributions must be sustained
- There must be broad recognition of excellence and competence
- Peer-reviewed publications are expected
- The Committee may invite independent reviews
B. Research and Scholarly Activities
- Original basic and/or clinical contributions that advance the field of vascular surgery
- Publications in peer-reviewed, quality journals
- Continued grant support or research awards
- Independent investigation
- Membership on a grants review panel or editorial boards
- Invited lectures and visiting professorships
C. Professional Service
- Innovation (technique or concept)
- Exemplary role model
- Leadership positions in regional or other national vascular societies
- Evidence of ongoing academic productivity
- Formal evaluation, awards
- Publications on issues dealing with education
- Academic rank will be considered
- Track record of mentoring
The deadline for all application materials is March 1.
All materials should be emailed to email@example.com (preferred) or mailed to:
Chair of Fellows Committee
Fellow_Application_2015 Revised.pdfFellow_Application_2015 Revised.doc
Society for Vascular Surgery
633 N. Saint Clair St., 22nd Floor
Chicago, IL 60611